Join as a member
Alberta Food Matters (AFM) connects and links people, organizations, and groups to each other and to resources. Our network is engaged in community development, research, evidence based policy development, skill building, educational projects, programs, and workshops. Together we can find creative solutions to achieve Food Security in Alberta!
The membership year runs April-March, but you can join anytime. Our membership fees are on a donation basis to take into consideration individual and organizational financial circumstances. We encourage members to pay what they can.
– Unwaged/Student/Young Professional ($20)
– Waged/Established Individual ($35)
– Small Business/Organization ($100)
– Medium Business/Organization ($250)
– Large Business/Organization ($500)
Membership fees helps support the work AFM does. However, these fees aren’t the only way memberships support us. By joining as a member, you’re adding your weight behind a movement that is working together to foster leadership, relationships, and actions that reconnect people, land, and food in Alberta. When AFM advocates for change, we show our strength through the size and diversity of our membership.
Member benefits include:
- Quarterly Newsletter Subscription
- Reduced rate for AFM conferences
- An invitation to and voting at AFM’s AGM
- Opportunity to join as a signatory on policy advocacy documents (organizational members)
- Access to the GFSA & School Food listserv
Why you should get involved
- Food Security is an issue for everyone
- Our food choices have a profound effect on our community
- There are lots of opportunities to get involved in local food issues
- Creative solutions are needed to achieve Food Security & Food Sovereignty
Volunteer with AFM
We are always looking for volunteers who are wanting to share their skills. Interested in photography? Good at grant writing? Let us know, we can work together to develop a meaningful volunteer position that will help you grow your skills while advancing AFM’s vision.
Other ways to help advance food security
- Join a local food security organization in your community
- Plant a community garden
- Buy from local producers
- Support school food initiatives
- Write a letter to your MLA advocating for a food security issues
Sign up to receive our newsletter directly in your inbox!